DIY Car Clip-On Homemade Air Freshener
Ugh have you ever had a car that smelled damp and moldy? Well we do and it’s gross! But I refuse to use chemicals! My partner on the other hand has absolutely no problem using chemicals and has recently threatened to put a febreeze air freshener clip in the car because the smell is so bad. Of course I said “over my dead body” seems like we have this conversation a lot anywho….. off to the internet I went to find a chemical free solution. I really wanted to try a homemade air freshener.
Seems like lots of folks have stinky cars I had no problem finding a solution to our problem, a simple hanging air freshener. But knowing my partner that was not going to cut the mustard, so I came up with my own clip on homemade air freshener!
DIY Clip on Homemade Air Freshener
- Large paperclip
- Cotton ball or arts and craft fuzzy ball
- Non-toxic Glue
- Essential Oil
This is so easy. Take the cotton ball or arts and crafts ball and spread it a wee bit on one side. Put a few dabs of glue and slip the paperclip in. Hold for a minute. Put a few drops of your favorite essential oil, we used peppermint and clip on to your car air vent. That’s it. This works like a charm!
Hanging Car Air Freshener
- Wool Felt
- Hole Punch
- Essential Oil
1. Cut it out! Cut out a simple shape, about 4? tall, from wool felt.
2. Make it smelly! Drop several drops of your favorite combination of essential oils right onto the wool shape. You’ll want the scent to be too strong at first, because much of that will evaporate very quickly, so don’t be afraid to have a heavy hand with the oils.
3. Hang it up! Using a small hole punch, punch a hole for hanging near the top of your shape. Thread a piece of twine through the hole and tie it into a loop; your car air freshener is now ready to hang. Don’t hang it on your rear view mirror, though, because I want you to be able to see to drive without something dangling in your face; a good place to hang a car air freshener is on one of the hooks in the back seat, those ones where you can also hang your dry cleaning.
The bad news is that the scent of your car air freshener will die down over time, of course, although you can expect it to last for several weeks. But the good news is that when the scent does expire, you can replace it with an all new scent combination! Try this homemade air freshener it works!
(Original Post and Idea from Crafting a Green World)
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
- Massive Flu Outbreak? Here’s the REAL Story the Mainstream Media Won’t Touch - January 25, 2018
- Giant ‘Dead Whale’ Is Haunting Reminder of Massive Plastic Pollution Problem - February 7, 2017
- Thousands of Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps Recalled - January 13, 2017