Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe With Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey and Garlic
Here at Healthy Holistic Living, we search the web for great health content to share with you. This article is shared with permission from our friends at ModernHippieHousewife.com
I don’t buy or eat a lot of meat. When I do, I’ll buy a small, organic chicken that my husband, daughter and I can get three meals out of. For the first meal, we’ll have a roast chicken dinner (with potatoes, veg, gravy and all that good stuff) and eat half the chicken. For the second meal, with the left-over chicken, we’ll make a big chicken salad, pasta, stir-fry or lettuce wraps. And finally, for the third meal, I’ll boil down the carcass and make a big Asian-style soup. By doing this, the chicken has now fed 2.5 people for three nights, and for me, eating meat is an easier concept to “swallow” when I know that there has been no waste.
Ginger Chicken Wraps
One of our favorite meals is Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps (phase two of chicken-eating)—it’s just such a flavourful, gluten-free dish. In addition to the chicken, I also pack the lettuce wraps with various sautéed veggies. Like all the meals that I make, these are easily alterable–use what you like or have on hand. Switch up the veggies, use ground turkey, or no meat at all! Skies the limit with these guys, so get creative.
Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Asian-style lettuce wraps, gluten-free and packed with veggies!
- 1/4 Cup Water Cold
- 2 Tsp Arrow Root Powder or Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Homemade Ketchup Recipe under
- 1.5 Tbsp Fresh Garlic Minced (about 2-3 cloves)
- 1.5 Tbsp Fresh Ginger Minced
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1-2 Tsp Hot Chili Sauce Optional
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce Optional: I don’t buy this anymore because of the questionable ingredients, but you have some around that you’d like to use up, then throw in a tablespoon for an authentic, asian taste.
In a small bowl or measuring cup whisk together water and arrow root powder (or cornstarch if using.) Next, add soy sauce, homemade ketchup (or tomato paste), honey, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil and hot chili sauce (if using) and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a big pan or wok. Add the ginger, garlic and onion and sautee for a couple minutes.
- Next add the carrots, red peppers and zucchini and sautee for about 5 min.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken. Cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Add the sauce, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the veggies are soft and the flavours have cooked together. Stir frequently.
- Serve hot on a lettuce leaf, sprinkle with fresh green onion, roll it up like a burrito and enjoy!
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!