This Turmeric Chicken Soup with Zucchini Noodles is the perfect remedy for a chilly night. Filled with fresh veggies, lean protein and anti-inflammatory turmeric, it’s the perfect meal to cozy up to!
I’m a firm believer in the healing properties of soup that has been allowed to simmer until the ingredients are soft and comforting. In my house, whenever one of us is feeling under the weather, you’ll find a big pot of soup simmering in the kitchen, our antidote to sickness.
Love turmeric recipes? Get our free turmeric recipes cookbook here!
Start by placing the chicken breast, diced onions, chopped celery, and diced carrots in a large pot. Cover the ingredients with water and then bring them to a boil before lowering the heat to medium-high and cooking the chicken until the juices run clear.
Once the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a plate to cool before shredding it with either two forks or your fingers. Add ground turmeric to the soup, then mix well and let the soup simmer for the next 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Finally, add in the zucchini noodles and cook until the zucchini is soft but not mushy.
All that’s left to do is to divide the zucchini noodles and soup into two bowls, top with shredded chicken, and then garnish your turmeric chicken soup with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Turmeric Chicken Soup with Zucchini Noodles
Filled with fresh veggies and lean protein, this chicken soup is the perfect meal to cozy up to!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cups chopped celery (stem only)
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 T ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large zucchini, julienned into thin noodles
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Place chicken breast, diced onions, chopped celery, and diced carrots in a large pot.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-high and cook until chicken breast is cooked through (about 30 minutes). Chicken is cooked when the juices run clear when you slice into it.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and let it cool before shredding it into pieces with two forks.
- Add ground turmeric to the soup, then turn heat down to medium-low. Let it simmer for 20 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add in zucchini noodles and cook for 5 minutes until soft
- Divide zucchini noodles and soup into two bowls. Top with shredded chicken and garnish with fresh parsley.
- If you prefer a vegetarian soup, leave out the chicken. It’ll still be filling and comforting!
- Feel free to add other types of vegetables to the soup as well – you can add radishes, spring onions or other root vegetables.