By Brandi Monasco
I’m a fan of chocolate and all things sweet. One thing that I cannot pass up is a good brownie. But when you are trying to lose weight and eat healthy, you often have to fight the cravings that come along with it. I had always hoped that my sweet tooth would dissipate, but it never really has.
A chocolate craving got to me one day and in an attempt to make it go away, I picked up this recipe for low-fat Paleo zucchini brownies. I was amazed at how great they tasted and even more amazed at how much healthier they are for you!
These low-fat paleo zucchini brownies have so much more to offer you than the “boxed” brownie mixes. One reason for this is that you are using Stevia instead of sugar. Stevia has no carbohydrates or calories and is believed to have antibacterial and antioxidant properties where sugar does not. You are also getting added nutrients with the applesauce, bananas, zucchini and walnuts.
In this delectable dessert, you are not only getting your vegetables, but you’re getting your fruit too!
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 small or medium bananas mashed
- 1 ½ tsp of Stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups coconut flour
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, mashed bananas and Stevia.
- Add vanilla and cocoa and mix together.
- Then add baking soda, salt and zucchini and mix together. Add flour and walnuts and mix together.
- Spread evenly into a prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.
And there you have it! Enjoy your guilt-free brownies!
Have you made something so delicious before with zucchini? Share your recipe!