This is a simple and quick breakfast recipe that will get you moving. Pair this with a green drink and you will be buzzing for hours!
These simple healthy muffins are perfect for families on the go and kids love them!
Simple Breakfast Bites
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 8 whole free range organic large eggs
- 1 medium organic Vidalia onion finely chopped
- 2 Sweet Red Peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Half an Avocado, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Fresh Goat Feta Cheese finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute spinach, onion and sweet peppers in coconut oil. Place on side to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs. Add sauteed veggies oregano and salt and pepper; mix well to combine. Make sure to save some of the oregano.
- Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick organic baking spray I use coconut oil. Pour egg mixture evenly into cups. Filling only 3/4 of the way.
- Add avocado and feta cheese to each cup stir gently.
- Sprinkle top with finely chopped oregano.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- Serve warm or place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and serve for a quick breakfast or snack.
(Recipe adapted from The Healthy Apple)