It’s well known that we want to avoid inflammation and reduce it when it happens. But why? Inflammation can come with chronic diseases or cause them. Inflammation can also worsen diseases such as alzheimer’s disease, depression, cancer, obesity and diabetes. If reducing inflammation is as easy as eating certain foods, why not try? Eating healthy doesn’t have to mean eating a boring salad. Here is a chicken dish that is full of cancer fighting ingredients that are definitely anything but boring!
Your Healthy Recipes
It’s well known that leafy greens are packed with essential vitamins and minerals that are an important part of a healthy diet. The swiss chard in this recipe will help alkalize your body and restore your natural pH levels. This alkalization helps to reduce inflammation (this alkaline water recipe is a great way to get started). Swiss chard and leafy greens are also full of glucosinolates, a sulphur-containing compound that hinders cancer growth at different stages. Swiss chard also contains high concentrations chlorophyll that helps block the harmful effects of eating grilled foods.
The avocado oil in this chicken dish also has cancer fighting properties. Avocados are packed with healthy monounsaturated fats that help to prevent heart disease and certain cancers. Avocados also contain fibre, potassium, vitamin E, folic acid, and magnesium. The list goes on and on. All of these amazing vitamins and minerals are in just the drop of avocado oil found in this recipe.
Turmeric is a known anti-inflammatory. It was found that increased turmeric consumption reduces the risk of getting certain cancers. It reduces inflammation naturally, delays or reverses brain diseases such as dementia or alzheimer’s, reduces the risk of several cancers, and improves digestion.
All of these amazing ingredients are found in this delicious, quick and easy recipe. Eating healthy doesn’t need to be a hassle and it doesn’t need to be boring.
Swiss Chard and Chicken Recipe
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 25 minutes
Total Time – 35 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 organic red bell peppers
- 1 fresh organic zucchini
- 1 organic yellow squash
- 1 yellow onion
- 8 leaves of fresh swiss chard
- Pinch of sea salt & pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Avocado Oil
- Cube the chicken and set aside.
- Wash and slice the vegetables, then set aside.
- Add a small amount of avocado oil in a wok and set it over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken until lightly browned (10-15 minutes).
- Toss in red bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, yellow onion and turmeric, and cook for about 5 minutes (or until the onion is cooked and translucent).
- Add the swiss chard and cook only until it begins to wilt.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from wok and serve hot.
This recipe serves four and goes down quick. It’s filling in the best kind of way. Enjoy!