Do you already miss your old lattes now that you are fully committed to saying goodbye to caffeine, processed sugars, and chemical-laden commercial coffee drinks in 2015? Then you will not want to miss this recipe, which will help you transition easily and deliciously!
Dandy Blend is a certified kosher gluten-free herbal beverage chock full of liver loving goodies such as dandelion, chicory, and burdock root. With just 3 rounded teaspoons daily of this synergistic blend, you can wholly reap the health benefits. (1)
Aside from all the health benefits, let’s make sure we remember to give a shout out to the awesome flavor and decadent coffee-like drinks and smoothies we can create from Dandy Blend. You can make it as strong or weak, add as much or little coconut cream, and add as much or as little unprocessed sweetener as you wish.
Some of my other favorite Dandy Blend recipes include: Vegan Holiday Peppermint Mocha Latte and Superhero Power Smoothie! And here’s the secret to the perfect dairy-free coconut whipped cream floating atop this decadent latte!
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. Dandy Blend (2 Tbsp. for light/medium or 3 Tbsp. for dark roast flavor)
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened coconut milk, heated
- 2 – 3 dashes cinnamon powder
- 10 drops vanilla Medicine Flower Extract (or ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract)
- 2 Tbsp. canned coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tsp. raw coconut nectar
- Boil ¼ cup water.
- Pour the boiling water into a mug and stir in the Dandy Blend until thoroughly dissolved.
- Add the heated coconut milk to the mug and stir.
- Add cinnamon powder and vanilla drops to the mug and stir.
- Dollop with coconut cream and a drizzle with raw coconut nectar. For a fancier version of whipped coconut cream topping which only takes 2 minutes to prepare, check out the recipe here!
Article originally posted on RawFoodWorld.com republished with permission