Written by: Kat Gal
I lived in Amsterdam for over a year.
I know what you may be thinking. But I actually did not smoke cannabis while I was living there. Not even once.
Not that I find anything wrong with it, especially not now after I’ve learned just how incredible cannabis is!
Cannabis is a powerful medicine that can help with:
- Muscle spasms due to MS
- Seizure disorders
- Crohn’s disease
- Nausea due to chemotherapy
- Poor appetite and weight loss due to HIV and nerve pain
Short-term side effects (lasting 1-3 hours) of cannabis use can vary between positive and negative experiences, including:
- Changes in mood (being happy, relaxed, sleepy, anxious)
- Changes in your ability to make decisions
- Sometimes triggers hallucinations
However, these short-term side effects often may be worth it for the medicinal benefits, especially in cases of serious illness.
Cannabis used to be considered an illegal drug around the U.S. Despite common opinion though, cannabis is not actually a hard drug, meaning it doesn’t have serious side-effects. It IS, however, full of healing effects.
Cannabis is now legal in 4 states for recreational use and in even more states for medicinal purposes.
Still, you may not be so into smoking cannabis or making ‘magic brownies’ for recreational use. I wasn’t either while living in Amsterdam where cannabis was legally and easily available.
But, did you know that cannabis can be juiced?
Wait. What? I can juice cannabis?!
You heard it right. You can enjoy the healing benefits of cannabis – regardless if you are dealing with any of the illnesses listed above or not – in a simple juice form.
Here’s why juicing cannabis is such an awesome way to reap the plant’s healing benefits:
1. Drinking cannabis leaf juice won’t make you high.
Instead, it can make you healthier! Cannabis juice has a number of incredible healthy properties to it. What are they? Read on!
2. Cannabis has magical anti-inflammatory properties.
Cannabis is an essential vegetable for your life. Not only it is full of anti-cancer compounds, but it also helps the digestive system absorb the vitamins and minerals in the food you eat. While taking care of that, cannabis also works on decreasing inflammation.
3. Cannabis is super versatile.
4. Drinking cannabis helps you ingest more cannabinoids.
Cannabinoids are the truly healthy compounds in cannabis. When you juice it, you get a lot more of them.
Here is an easy way to make cannabis juice:
How to Juice Cannabis
Combine a handful of fresh cannabis leaves (the fresher the better- many people find growing their own is the best option) with other vegetables of your choice (carrots and cucumbers make a great mix). Use 1 part cannabis to 10 parts other vegetables. Store in the fridge and drink in small servings at a time.
Juicing Cannabis With A Blender
- Big handful of fresh cannabis leaves (the fresher the better- many people find growing their own is the best option)
- 1 cup of water (or coconut water, green juice, pineapple juice, etc.)
- Remove stems, then rinse, soak and rinse again.
- Add leaves to your blender.
- Add water (or coconut water or juice).
- Blend well.
- Drink up (or freeze in ice cube trays and store it in your freezer for several weeks. This way you can always pop a few cubes into your juice or smoothie).
Do you juice cannabis? Would you juice cannabis? Let us know your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.
Article originally published on FitLife.tv republished with permission