Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
When you are trying to improve your diet, it seems like sweets like cookies and ice cream are often the first to be chopped from our plates. Sugary foods and drinks are some of the most common vices people turn to in their diets, and it’s no surprise – there’s a reason they call it “treating” yourself! But though these sweet cheats are truly delicious, it is hard to find a place for all that sugar and extra carbs when trying to make healthy choices. However, one diet might just provide an opportunity to enjoy our favorite goodies without breaking our health goals.
The Keto Diet
The ketogenic diet (called “the keto diet” for short) is an eating regimen that focuses on high-fat, low-carb food choices. This means trading sugary foods, grains, breads, most fruits and other carb-rich choices for other foods like fatty fish, meat, eggs, butter and cheese as your go-to meal options.
The aim of the keto diet is to reduce the body’s intake of carbohydrates and replace it almost entirely with healthy fats. This prompts the body to revert to a natural metabolic state called ketosis. (1) In this state, the body is trained to quickly and efficiently burn fat for energy instead of from carbohydrates. This, and the already reduced amounts of carbohydrates in your diet, creates a metabolic shift that can aid in significant weight loss and a number of additional health benefits. (2)
Now, at a glance, the keto diet may not seem like the best fit if you are wanting to get away with a shameless sweet. In fact, most ingredients in our favorite cookie recipes are loaded with carbs, like flour and high sugar ingredients. But fret not! This recipe for gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookies has substituted all no-go ingredients to make a perfectly keto friendly concoction that will make you forget just how good they really are for you!
Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe credit: Cristina Maria Curp
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup granulated erythritol or other low-carb sweetener
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, ghee or coconut oil, softened
- ⅓ cup plus 3 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon unflavored grass-fed beef gelatin
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine Himalayan salt
- 1 (4-ounce) bar stevia-sweetened semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped, or ½ cup stevia-sweetened semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Add the vanilla extract, erythritol, and butter/fat choice and whisk until well combined.
- Add the coconut flour, gelatin, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix all ingredients together with a spoon or spatula until a dough forms.
- Fold the chopped chocolate into the dough.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop up a mounded tablespoon of the dough and shape it into a 1-inch ball. Repeat with the rest of dough, placing the dough balls on the lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart (you should have a total of twelve).
- Using the palm of your hand, gently flatten the balls so they are about ½ inch thick. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool to room temperature on the baking sheet before handling. The more they cool, the chewier they will be. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
What did you think of this recipe? Have you tried the keto diet? What other keto friendly dessert recipes do you have? Share with us in the comments, we’d love to hear from you.
Latest posts by Zoe Freeman (see all)
- Frankincense Has Been Proven To Be A Psychoactive Antidepressant - December 5, 2018
- Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - November 29, 2018
- Panic Attacks And Anxiety Episodes Linked To Vitamin Deficiencies In Groundbreaking Study - November 27, 2018
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!