Keto Flourless Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s nearing Christmas, and while that means a lot of things to a lot of different people, something it should absolutely involve is cookies. And who doesn’t love some chewy double chocolate chip cookies, fresh out of the oven for the holiday season?
But wait… how can cookies be flourless? Is this a diet cookie? Before you decide against it, keep reading to find out exactly why you should add these particular cookies to your holiday treats! (1, 2)
What Is The Keto Diet?
When we hear the word “diet” or “keto,” we don’t always know what it means. Some people are drawn to the word “diet” since it might be synonymous with “healthy” or “thin” in their minds, while still others are discouraged by it since it reminds them of “hungry,” “flavorless,” or “limitations.” But what is the keto diet and what’s up with these cookies?
Simply put, the keto diet is popularly known for being a diet consisting of low carbs, high fats. It encourages the body to produce ketones in the liver to be absorbed as energy. The keto diet is often referred to by varying titles, including the ketogenic diet, the low carb diet, the low carb high fat, and more. You see, when you consume a food that is high in carbohydrates, your body ends up producing glucose and insulin in return. Glucose is one of the easiest molecules for your body to convert into an energy source for itself, meaning that when given the option, it will choose that over all other sources to use for energy. Insulin is produced by your body to process the glucose in your bloodstream by taking it around your body. (2)
This seems all fine and dandy, but consider this: when glucose is being used as your body’s primary energy source, meaning one’s carb intake is high, then any fats you consume are not being used and will consequently be stored as, well, fat!
By lowering one’s intake of carbohydrates, the body is triggered into a state of ketosis, which is a natural process the body proceeds through to help you survive when your food intake is low. During this process, your body produces ketones, produced through the breakdown of fats within the liver. The entire goal of a proper keto diet, then, is to trigger your body into this metabolic state of using up other energy sources other than glucose – such as fats. (2)
How To Make Keto Flourless Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you consider the keto diet not as a form of starvation from calories in general, but rather an avoidance of carbohydrates, then you’ll find your food options are still entirely enjoyable and thoroughly beneficial to your body and health! (2)
So check out this delicious keto cookie recipe that’s arguably good for regardless if you follow a keto diet or not (1):
Keto Flourless Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe credit: Peace, Love and Low Carb
Yield: approximately 18 cookies
Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 4g
- 1 cup natural creamy almond butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners erythritol
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted salted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar free dark chocolate baking chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, then line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the almond butter, erythritol, cocoa powder, peanut butter powder, eggs, butter, water, vanilla extract, and baking soda in a large bowl or mixer. Mix until everything is well combined, keeping in mind that it will be a thick dough.
- Once properly combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 2 inch balls (or smaller for more cookies) and line on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to allow the cookies to cool before eating.
What do you think? Are these cookies delicious? What other keto friendly treat recipes do you have? Share with us in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!
Latest posts by Abbey Ryan (see all)
- Canadian Study Gives More Evidence Cancer Is A Lifestyle Disease Largely Caused By Food - December 12, 2018
- Justice For Caitlyn: Animal Abuser Will Spend 15 Years In Prison - December 4, 2018
- ‘Sea of Plastic’ Discovered In The Caribbean Stretches 5 Miles And Is Choking Wildlife - December 3, 2018
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!