Flourless Dark Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe With Honey, Coconut Oil and Creamy Almond Butter
This article is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com.
If you are cooking up something special for your sweetheart, this healthier Paleo version of chocolate lava cake will have them swooning in no time.
Dark chocolate is known for its antioxidant and flavonol properties. This decadent treat also contains half the amount of sugar as milk chocolate and is higher in iron, magnesium, phosphorous, and zinc. This is because dark chocolate contains higher concentrations of cocoa, while other varieties are full of additives and sugar. Be sure to purchase dark chocolate that contains 70% cocoa.
Another bonus? This lava cake is flourless.
What’s wrong with Wheat?
We have been consuming wheat for centuries and we have been told countless times that whole wheat is good for us but here’s the truth. The wheat we are consuming today is not the same as it was even 50 years ago.
Modern wheat is processed differently to keep the costs low while producing large amounts. The wheat we are given is packed with starchy carbs, something ancient wheat never contained. These carbs give us wheat that is lower in nutrients and quick to cause spikes in our blood sugar. Modern wheat is biologically different because humans are genetically manipulating it. This changes the protein composition and nutrients of wheat.
Modern wheat has less nutrients. The minerals in wheat, zinc, copper and iron, have decreased by 28%. Our immune system cannot handle the foreign and genetic make-up of bread so it attacks gluten proteins and even the gut lining itself. This creates inflammation, leaky gut and diarrhea.
Get your Free copy of The Bacon & Butter Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Modern wheat is not the bread humans are used to consuming. It creates bloating, inflammation and various forms of discomfort. Going flourless is a step in the right direction in saving our bodies from chemicals and self-destruction.
In this recipe, the eggs bind with cocoa powder and almond meal to create a cake-like texture. The cakes are cooked just long enough to create a solid outside and decadent, gooey chocolate inside. If you don’t have ramekins, you can cook your cakes in a wide shallow mug, which is exactly what I did for this recipe. I was a bit intimidated trying this recipe out, but I found it surprisingly effortless to put together. It’s a very fancy dessert (that’s secretly easy to make) to share for any special night in.
Paleo Chocolate Lava Cake
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:12 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat ramekins or 2 mugs with a little bit of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of the cocoa powder
2. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave at 30 seconds increments, stir each time until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, almond butter, honey and vanilla extract. Mix using a hand mixer for 4 minutes. Mixture should be fluffy.
4. Pour melted chocolate into egg mixture, stirring as you pour.
5. Gently stir in almond meal and 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
6. Divide batter among ramekins or mugs.
7. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. If you are using small ramekins, they may be done closer to ten minutes and closer to 12 minutes for a larger ramekin or mug.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool 3 minutes. Gently slide a sharp knife around edges of cake to loosen.
9. Put a small plate on top of mug and carefully flip over to remove cakes. You can also carefully scoop them out with a large spoon.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Paleo Hacks (see all)
- These Avocado Grilled Cauliflower Sandwiches Will Make You Forget Grilled Cheese - March 13, 2018
- 7 Gentle Yoga Moves to Fix Sciatica Pain - March 7, 2018
- 27 Easy Low Carb and Keto Casserole Recipes - January 9, 2018