Low carb diets have become increasingly popular nationwide. Some of the advantages of these low carb diets are how they can increase satiety due to the balanced blood sugar levels they promote, and how they can help minimize blood sugar and insulin spikes throughout the day. Low carb diets are also proven to help prevent and improve serious health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular diseases.
One of the most popular lifestyle diets people are trying out and seeing great results with is the ketogenic diet.
The Keto Diet
By now, you have probably heard of the keto diet. And in case you haven’t yet, the concept is similar – very low carb, plus high fat, allows your body to go into a metabolic state called ketosis. This ketosis over time can result in a significant decreasing in your overall body fat.
With the holiday season right around the corner, tis the season for sweets and treats galore. And it goes without saying, that no matter who you are, you can agree that often times there is nothing more satisfying than a delicious chocolaty treat. Riddled with high carbs and sugar content, these sweet treats are usually far from being guilt free. But fear not – because this low carb fudge recipe has come to save your day (and holidays)! This chocolate fudge is sweet, fudgy and soft baked perfection – it’s likely it’ll become your favorite low carb fudge, sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
And the best part… THEY ARE KETO FRIENDLY!
How to Make Low Carb Cream Cheese Fudge
Recipe by: Maria’s Mixing Bowl
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 stick butter (I use salted)
- 2 oz. Bakers Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Stevia or any sweetener or your choice to taste
- Place butter and chocolate in a small pan and melt over low heat. When chocolate and butter is just melted add vanilla and sweetener and blend together.
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and pour chocolate mixture over it.
- With a hand mixer mix about 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased pan. I use a 6 x 8 pan and I freeze it and cut into squares.
So, what did you think? Isn’t this recipe absolutely delicious? What other keto-friendly recipes do you have? Share with us in the comments, we would love to hear from you.