Magical Pumpkin Pie Power Balls For Halloween
Written by: Kat Gal
Halloween is my favorite holiday! With October here, Halloween is just around the corner.
This means pumpkins, pumpkins and MORE pumpkins!
Pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, pumpkin paper cut outs, pumpkin coloring projects, blown up giant plastic pumpkins lit up on your porch, roasted pumpkins seeds and pumpkin pie.
Speaking of pumpkin pies…
You may wonder now that you finally started caring about your health – drinking all these green juices, eating delicious salads and cooking whole foods meals – if pumpkin pies are out of the question for you. Afterall, they ARE full of sugar…
These magical pumpkin pie power balls are here to rescue you! They are better than pie, I am not even joking. And they are FULL of nutrients:
- Medjool dates are full of dietary fiber that helps to remove waste through the colon. It is an excellent source of iron, potassium, B vitamins, vitamin A and K, flavonoids, copper and magnesium.
- Pure pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie pre-made filling) is another great source of fiber. It is also packed with protein, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
- Pecans are full of manganese, copper, thiamine, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, protein and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Walnuts are similar to pecans, but have their own benefits. They are a great source of vitamin E, omega 3 fatty acids, protein, copper, manganese and biotin.
- Coconut flakes are a wonderful source of essential fats, phosphorus and iron.
- Cinnamon is powerful. It is full of antioxidants with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Nutmeg is a fantastic spice good for brain function, aids proper sleep, kidney infections and oral health.
Give this recipe a try and let us know how it goes in the comments below! Happy pumpkin season!
Magical Pumpkin Pie Power Balls For Halloween
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup walnuts (you may also use only walnuts or only pecans (½ cup) instead of ¼ cup of both)
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Soak dates in a bowl of water for about 10 minutes.
- Add the pecans and walnuts into a food processor and pulse it until ground.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, including the soft soaked dates. Pulse until reaching a desired sticky consistency.
- Cool it down in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- With your hands, form small balls from the dough. You can also be creative and make other shapes, perhaps even mini pumpkins. Or if you prefer, instead of serving it in little balls, make a circular pie shape and serve them sliced.
- Keep them in an airtight container in your fridge until eaten. Though I promise you, they won’t last too long.
Holistic Health & Happiness Coach at Happy Healthy 365
Kat Gál is a Holistic Health & Happiness Coach guiding women to feel empowered to get out of the roller-coaster of chronic emotional and physical pain and enter into a world of confidence, self-love, energy, happiness, health and freedom. She also specializes in healing from child abuse working with women who have survived the trauma of growing up in a dysfunctional family and the trauma of abuse experienced as a child or teen.
She is the creator of the popular Your 21-Day Mind-Body-Soul Shake-Up!, a (w)holistic cleanse – and an author of several e-books, including 365 Days of Journaling.
Kat invites you to join her Facebook group, “You are enough! You deserve to be happy, healthy and loved”, a safe sanctuary for woman on healing, sharing and living.
Article republished from Fitlife.tv with permission
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Drew Canole's transformation movement has grown to over 630,000 people, including Celebrities, CEOs, Entrepreneurs, and Development Gurus. He believes first and foremost that a person's health comes from within and through his "Whydentity" process, Drew is able to create healthy and lasting change, both physically and mentally.
Drew has written 3 Amazon Best-Selling Books on the subject of Juicing and Weightloss.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
- The 21 Most Dangerous Foods in the World People Still Insist on Eating - December 22, 2017
- Banana Ginger Smoothie To Help Burn Fat and Boost Your Weight Loss Potential - December 8, 2017
- Coconut Oil is AMAZING, But Only If You Buy the Right Kind: Here’s What to Look For - October 24, 2016