This is for all of the carrot cake lovers out there. These No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites can be prepped in just minutes and are the perfect little on-the-go snack or healthy dessert.
From before I can remember, Carrot Cake has always been my favorite kind of cake. In fact, I request it every single year for my birthday!
Why is it my favorite you ask? Well, these No-Bake Carrot Cake bites are super moist, crunchy and sweet, how could you go wrong? These bites are completely raw, too, but don’t be fooled, they’re totally the real deal!
I decided to make these bites raw because every ingredient is special in their own way. The carrots, dates, and almonds are the perfect combination to get the natural carrot cake flavor that we all crave constantly! These are filled with good, whole ingredients to help make your body happy. These are great for breakfast, a quick on-the-go snack or even dessert!
Drooling yet? I am!
No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups Medjool, pitted (like this)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (like this)
- 3/4 cup dried coconut shreds (I use THIS brand)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- pinch of salt
- coconut whip cream frosting (recipe HERE)
- Begin by grating your carrots on the smaller side of a box grater. Gently squeeze out the excess liquid from the grated carrots.
- Once the carrots have been squeezed dry, measure them until you have about 1 1/2 cups.
- Next, in a food processor, grind the almonds and walnuts until they begin to turn into a flour, but not so much that they turn into nut butter.
- Add in coconut, spices, and salt and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Next, add the carrots, syrup, and dates to the food processor, and mix until the dates become well chopped.
- Using a cupcake tin with plastic wrap or wax paper strips, place about 2-3 tbsp of mixture in each cupcake hole and press down for even hardening.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour to harden.
- Cover with coconut whipped cream.
Article originally published on SavoryLotus.com republished with permission
Title Source: Carrot Health Benefits and Nutritional Information