Tired of the same old breakfast? Is your bowl of traditional oatmeal or slice of gluten-free toast not hacking it these days?
This Raspberry Almond Butter Oats recipe is the healthier alternative to oats for breakfast. The chia seeds and coconut create an oatmeal-like texture to make a healthy breakfast that will help you power through the day.
This breakfast is anti-inflammatory, contains “good” fats (omega 3s) and can help lower your blood sugar level. The fiber and protein are especially beneficial for keeping us full and satisfied, just as breakfast should.
- Coconut milk is free of dairy, lactose, soy and grains which is perfect for anyone with allergies or discomforts relating to these ingredients.
- The fatty acids in coconut milk help increase our energy, which can help us burn more calories throughout the day. They also prevent you from overeating by allowing you to feel full. This in turn aids with weight loss.
- The fatty acids, magnesium and potassium in coconut milk can help repair broken down tissue after a hard workout.
- Chia seeds are among the most nutritious foods on the planet because of their fiber, protein, omega 3 and micronutrient contents,
- Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants which help protect our body from free-radicals that can damage the arteries.
- Almost every carbohydrate in chia seeds are fiber which helps us lose weight, feel full and be satisfied for long periods of times
- Chia seeds contain a higher amount of protein than other plant foods. Protein can also help us lose weight by curbing hunger.
- Chia seeds are high in the “good fat” (omega-3 fatty acids) that our bodies need.
- With all of these health benefits studies have shown that chia seeds can help lower the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
This Raspberry Almond Butter Oats recipe will have you getting up twice as fast in the morning just so you can enjoy a savoury bite.
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com.
Raspberry Almond Butter Oats
Serves: 2-3 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Refrigerate Time: 3+ hours
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup raspberries
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut milk, cashew milk, chia seeds, coconut flakes, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut flour.
- Mix well and let sit a couple of minutes to set up just a bit.
- In 2-3 small jars, layer the coconut-chia mixture, almond butter, and raspberries to fill the jars.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Enjoy for a quick and nutritious breakfast!
Watch How To Make It Below!