Anti-Inflammatory Quinoa Salad with Spinach, Mushroom, ACV, and More
At Healthy Holistic Living we search the web for great health content and healthy recipes to share with you. This article is shared with permission from our friends at Mercola.com.
Grains – whether whole or not – are still carbohydrates, which in excess can create problems with your insulin and leptin sensitivity, making you an easy target for related diseases like obesity and diabetes.
Did You Know?
- There are a thousand different kinds of quinoa, but white, red, and black quinoa are the most popular varieties
- White quinoa has the mildest flavor, the fastest cooking time (around 10 to 15 minutes), and is the least crunchy. Black quinoa has a bolder and earthier flavor, is the crunchiest among the three varieties, and may take five more minutes to cook compared to white quinoa. Red quinoa, on the other hand, is somewhere in between the two
- Quinoa is one of the highest forms of protein you can consume, as it’s complete with nine essential amino acids, which your body cannot make on its own and are only available through diet
- Napa cabbage, or Chinese cabbage, offers an extensive list of A-list nutrients – including the most sought-after antioxidants, folate, vitamins C and K, and fiber – at such low amount of calories
- Studies have shown that spinach helps maintain brain function, memory, and mental clarity
Luckily, there’s a wonderful substitute that you can try: quinoa, which tastes so much like your favorite grain, minus all the bad stuff. Discover more about this amazing superfood in this super easy quinoa salad recipe.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 green onions, chopped finely
- 1 cup Napa cabbage or spinachchopped finely
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sautéed, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place all ingredients in large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for dressing.
- Pour dressing over the quinoa and veggies. Serve immediately.
This recipe makes eight servings.
(Adapted from Healthy Recipes for Your Nutritional Type)
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!