10 Healthy Reasons to Stop Smoking Now
On a more positive note, the changes in your body from the moment you stop smoking are exponential and all hope is not loss to revert the damage done to your health.
I’m not here to tell you it will be easy to quit smoking but I know this article will prove a handy companion to remind you daily why you are choosing once and for all to stop.
Quit smoking now and you can expect to see the following 10 health benefits both immediately and long term:
1. Within 20 minutes of finishing your last cigarette your blood pressure will have lowered to a normal level, encouraging blood flow and proper circulation to hands and feet.
2. 8 hours after your last puff the levels of the deadly carbon monoxide gas in your bloodstream will be cut in half, allowing oxygen in to help clear out irritants and harmful bacteria.
3. Only 48 hours after smoking the chances of having a heart attack are reduced substantially. As well at this stage nicotine will have been completely flushed from your system and the sense of smell and taste will be renewed.
4. 3 days from your last cigarette you will notice your ability to breath is easier and your bronchial tubes will have relaxed. At this stage you will feel more energetic, which will come as a nice boost to the stress of quitting.
Get your Free copy of The Bacon & Butter Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
5. Between 2 weeks and 2 months post smoking, you will find it easier to walk as your circulation will have improved and lung function increased up to 30%.
6. In 3 to 9 months your ability to breathe will no longer be troubled by coughing, congestion and general respiratory issues. At this stage a regrowth of fibers in your bronchial tubes will increase the ability to handle mucus and clean lungs of bacteria leading to infections.
7. At the 1 year mark you will have reduced your risk of a heart attack by half and energy levels will be that of a non smoker.
8. 5 years from your last cigarette you will have reduced your risk of having a stroke to that of a non-smoker.
9. Being a non-smoker for 10 years will effectively revert the damage to your lungs and reduce your chances of lung cancer to that of a person who has never smoked. Not only are you less at risk for lung cancer, but the 30 plus other chemicals found in tobacco which cause cancer will have been cleaned from your system.
10. 15 years after quitting you will have an equal risk of suffering a major heart attack as those that have never smoked. Essentially you will have cleaned your system of the damages that tobacco and nicotine have on a healthy functioning body.
The dangerous effects of smoking on the body are often underlined in an effort to get people to quit, and yet what can be more influential in the path to quitting are the positive results of each day off the habit. Remember that “once a smoker” can be turned into “never a smoker”!
Image Source: Truth Story
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!