Do you suffer from joint or bone pain? You are not alone. Millions of people around the world deal with similar issues.
It’s not surprising. Throughout your life, your joints and bones take on a lot of toll, especially in your knees. Knee issues can lead to issues in your hips, ankles and lower back as well.
Some reasons for knee pain:
- Poor posture
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Old injury
- Torn ligament
Did you know that healthy eating can help with joint pain?
Among dozens of other benefits, achieving a healthy weight can easy up stress on your joints. Healthy foods, such as green, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts and seeds can lower inflammation – reducing water retention and puffiness. When there is less weight per inch of height, there is far less compression pressure on your joints. In addition to a healthy diet, focusing on strength training for the muscles surrounding and supporting your knees will be essential for warding off long term pain. (1, 2)
Foods that are particularly effective to fight against inflammation and pain in your joints:
- Turmeric (3)
- Sesame seeds
- Vitamin C-rich foods (eg. oranges, kiwi, strawberries) (4)
- Sulforaphane-rich foods (eg. broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage) (5)
- Garlic (6)
- Fatty fish and omega-3s (7)
What to do to ease joint pain?
- Lose any extra weight
- Walk, swim or bike for 30 minutes a day or more. If you already have pain, focus on gentle cardio exercises instead of high intensity cardio.
- Start stretching
- Wear supporting shoes and shoe inserts
- Try knee braces when lifting heavy objects
- Consider physical therapy.
You can also try this highly effective natural remedy that can help you reduce your pain and rebuild your muscles.
Remedy for Knee Pain
- 2 tbsp of unflavored gelatin (vegan gelatin works too)
- 200 grams of honey
- 40 grams of pumpkin seeds
- 8 tbsp flax seeds
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp raisins
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until a paste like consistency
- Store it in the fridge in an air tight container.
- Take 2 tbsp twice a day – before breakfast and before lunch are the best times.
Adding this natural remedy and adjusting your diet will do amazing things for relieving joint pain. Other methods of relief would include Epsom salt baths, massages, physical therapy or stretch therapy.
Do you have any other strategies that help you with your knee pain? Comment below. We want to hear from you.