Stuffed Brussels Sprouts
I think it’s a shame that Brussels sprouts get such a bad rap. Maybe it’s just me, but it seems that even the words “Brussels sprouts” seem to always be accompanied with a grimace and the urge to plug your nose.
I have a pretty firm belief that these green vegetables are so hated because most people only ever try them boiled, partially salted, and cold, since they were shoved to the side of your plate and frowned at all through dinner.
Well, let me tell you, my friend, that there are MUCH better ways to eat Brussels sprouts! Hot, for one thing, but also accessorized with delicious accompanying flavors, like in the delectable medley of ingredients contained in this fantastic recipe, Stuffed Brussels Sprouts!
The Health Benefits Of Stuffed Brussels Sprouts
I’m sure it comes at no surprise to hear that Brussels sprouts are super healthy and good for you. Anyone’s mother could have told you that! But let’s take a minute to appreciate the truly incredible benefits that Brussels sprouts – and the other ingredients included in this recipe – have in store for you!
- Brussels Sprouts are high in vitamin K and vitamin C, which are great for keeping healthy bones and a strengthened immune system. (1, 2)
- Ricotta is a great source of vitamin A, which helps keep your vision in good shape. (3)
- Lemons are one of the best antioxidants out there, making them a great source for reinforcing that immune system! (4)
- Garlic has proven to help lower blood pressure and assist in preventing heart disease. (5)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil can enhance brain function and has even shown to help reduce risk for Alzheimer’s disease. (6)
So, without further ado, enjoy this delicious recipe!
Stuffed Brussels Sprouts
Yields: 6 servings
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Boil water in a large pot. Add a pinch of salt, then blanch the Brussels sprouts in the water for about 2 minutes, or until they turn bright green. Pour the Brussels sprouts into a strainer and rinse under cold water.
- Once the sprouts have cooled, use a small spoon to scoop out the middle of each one, making a hole. Place the hollowed out sprouts on a greased baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, Parmesan, bread crumbs, lemon zest and red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture into each Brussels sprout. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with extra Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are crispy and the ricotta mixture has warmed completely through. Enjoy!
Feed Your Friends!
You can’t say you’re not a Brussels sprout lover until you’ve tried this delectable dish. And if you already were sold on Brussels sprouts, then impress your friends with this yummy finger food. They’ll be begging you for the recipe!
Latest posts by Emilyn Gil (see all)
- 19 Things Your Body Can Tell You About Your Health - December 8, 2018
- The Prophecy Of The Rainbow Warriors - December 7, 2018
- How To Control Blood Sugar Naturally (Without Medicine) - December 4, 2018
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!