Coconut-Infused Sweet Potato Bites with a Cayenne Kick (Full Recipe)
This article is shared with permission from our friends at paleohacks.com.
What do you do with leftover sweet potatoes? You transform them into melt-in-your-mouth, crispy sweet potato balls!
These Loaded Mashed Sweet Potato Balls with bacon, coconut and almond make a tasty side, appetizer or anytime snack!
One of the reasons I love leftovers is so I can transform them into new recipes like these Loaded Sweet Potato Balls. Take a few leftover sweet potatoes, blend them up with a few extra ingredients, and roll them into yummy bite-sized balls.
Talk About Something Sweet
Sweet potatoes don’t just taste good, they are extremely good for you, too. The health benefits of sweet potatoes are endless. Check them out:
- Consuming sweet potato decreases your risk of developing obesity, diabetes and heart disease
- Lowers blood pressure
- Protects against prostate and colon cancers
- High in fiber, which aids with digestion and prevents constipation
- Vitamin C content boosts immunity
- Reduces chronic inflammation
- Contributes to eye health
For this recipe, I blended pre-baked sweet potatoes with bacon and coconut flour, dipped them in an egg wash and a seasoned almond flour mix, then pan fried them in coconut oil. They’re crispy on the outside from the bacon and creamy on the inside. They literally melt-in-your-mouth!
Note: To bake your sweet potatoes, simply pierce the potato skin several times with a fork, place on a baking sheet, and bake at 400°F for 45 minutes. You can do this the night before and store it in the fridge (this makes the recipe a breeze).
These are a delicious appetizer, side dish or quick snack for when hunger cravings strike. I like to add them to my breakfast. They pair perfectly with eggs!
Loaded Mashed Sweet Potato Balls
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
- 2 slices cooked bacon – optional
- 2 small, baked sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 1 cup almond flour or cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add baked sweet potatoes to a blender with the cooked bacon (if desired) and coconut flour. Blend until smooth.
- Roll sweet potato mixture into 12 balls. Set on a plate and set aside.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat and add coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and water. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour and seasonings. Set aside.
- Working one ball at a time, dip each ball into the egg wash followed by the almond flour, and then transfer to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Paleo Hacks (see all)
- These Avocado Grilled Cauliflower Sandwiches Will Make You Forget Grilled Cheese - March 13, 2018
- 7 Gentle Yoga Moves to Fix Sciatica Pain - March 7, 2018
- 27 Easy Low Carb and Keto Casserole Recipes - January 9, 2018