As summer seems to be fading away, I am finding myself enjoying this raw homemade lemonade on a daily basis hoping to keep summer here longer. This is a healthy way to mix-up your beverages, especially for weaning kiddos off soda and adults who prefer non-alcoholic beverages but still want a little something special at social gatherings.
I introduced this raw homemade lemonade to friends who wanted to remove soda from their child’s diet. It worked like a charm because the child still received a special sweet drink she loved, and it was secretly supporting her health. This was a win-win for parents and daughter!
Lemons boast antibacterial, antiviral, immune-boosting and weight-loss benefits
Lemons support our health because they are rich in citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene. These nutrients are known to boost our immunity and fight infections. (1)
Lemons are also a great weight loss tool because the nutrients contained within support digestion and cleanse the liver. (1)
Raw Homemade Lemonade
This is how you can make some of your own homemade lemonade!
- 2 cups cold, filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons of raw local honey
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 2 lemons, peeled
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (research shows cayenne may help burn calories and decrease appetite)
- 1 handful ice
- Blend all ingredients, except ice, in a high-power blender until smooth.
- Add ice and blend again until smooth.
- Serve your homemade lemonade over ice.
Recipe Inspiration: www.existentialevolution.com
(1) Cheung, Theresa. “Hidden Health Secrets Of Lemons”. Beliefnet.com. Web. 6 June 2017. http://www.beliefnet.com/wellness/health/physical-health/hidden-health-secrets-of-lemons.aspx#
Article originally published on RawFoodWorld.com republished with permission