To My Children: If I Should Go before My Time
Not to get especially dark, but have you ever stopped to think about what memories you’ll leave in your children’s heads after you die? Have you ever considered how great an influence you have on whether those memories are good or bad, or practically nonexistent?
If You Died Today, Would Your Children Know You Loved Them?
Whether you’re completely aware of it or not, you have a huge impact on your children. Your opinion of them matters and influences their future more than you’ll possibly ever know. Doesn’t that make leaving them with a sense of security in your love important?
Believe it or not, some children grow up having never heard the words “I love you” from their parents. They might learn to believe that their parents love them, or at least hope so, but they have never actually heard the words. Think about that! Is there anything you’ve been meaning to say to your children that you haven’t? Is there anything you ought to say to your children, emotions you should convey, relationships you should cherish, that you haven’t yet made the effort to say? Is there anything you want them to remember but haven’t yet told them about?
Maybe that should happen now….
A Letter To My Children
To my children (and yours)
I know the idea of me not being here with you one day is strange, and when I stop to think about this day, it makes me sad. It’s definitely not something that I like to think of often, since who in their right mind enjoys thinking about death, but it’s certainly something I must consider in order to give you the best life I’m able. Right now I must think about it because I have things to say to you. There are things I want you to know and never doubt.
So, for the day when I’m no longer around to nag you constantly, here is a carefully written list of important things for you to always remember:
- Think of me, and miss me, but never let my death become the center of your life. You have a wonderful and full life ahead of you to live, so make the most of your time and don’t let grief derail you and waste your energy.
- We’ve had good times and bad times, but don’t spend your life focusing on the bad things that have happened. Remember the good, and learn from the bad without wallowing in it.
- Nothing is going to be perfect. You, me, your job, your relationships–nothing. Instead of constantly searching for perfection, look for the good in people and grow. The world can be a lovely place, and you can find beauty in even the darkest moments.
- Don’t take things for granted. Not ever.
- Spend your money on things that speak to your heart, that truly matter, but never forget that life is about the people you have in it. It’s fun to have nice things, but it’s so much better to have people to share things with.
- Don’t fight over my things. I mean it.
- Be honest in every situation, but don’t ever use this as an excuse to be unkind. Use kindness to deliver the truth.
- Getting married is a huge decision so don’t take it lightly. Marry for love. Marry someone who you’d be willing to get up in the middle of the night to change their kid’s diaper for, who you’d be willing to be broke with, and who you’d leave home for. Marry someone you’re willing to go through hard times with (and also the fun ones).
- Don’t be afraid to get a job you love and forget that it’s work.
- Treat yourself with kindness, respect, and love. Cherish others in this same way. Take care of your body, your heart, and your mind. Remember how deeply and truly you are loved.
Latest posts by Abbey Ryan (see all)
- Canadian Study Gives More Evidence Cancer Is A Lifestyle Disease Largely Caused By Food - December 12, 2018
- Justice For Caitlyn: Animal Abuser Will Spend 15 Years In Prison - December 4, 2018
- ‘Sea of Plastic’ Discovered In The Caribbean Stretches 5 Miles And Is Choking Wildlife - December 3, 2018
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!