Coffee is one of the world’s most popular drinks. In the United States alone, there are 154 million adults who drink coffee, and almost 50% of the entire United States population drinks at least one cup of coffee every day. That’s a whole lot of coffee! (1)
While recent studies have shown coffee to show potential health benefits, many popular coffee mixes are actually doing you more harm than good. And let’s not even get started on all the trouble that sugar and cream is giving you! (2, 3)
But, believe it or not, I’m not here to try and convince you to give up coffee. In fact, I’ve got a delicious coffee recipe that you can actually make a part of your healthy lifestyle, and burn some extra fat in the meantime!
Turmeric Fat Burning Coffee
2 cups organic coffee
¼ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp of XCT oil (MCT oil or coconut oil works as well)
1 tsp of butter
Dash of sea salt
1 squirt each of vanilla Stevia and English toffee Stevia (or a sweetener and/or flavor of your choice)
Brew 2 cups of coffee and pour into a glass blender while it’s still hot. Add all other ingredients and blend. Serve and enjoy! Makes 2 cups of coffee.
Wait, But How?
I know it sounds crazy, but this coffee recipe can help you get into a ketosis state, burn fat, reduce inflammation, and so much more.
How, you ask? With its incredible ingredients!
- Coffee is more than just a pick-me-up! It has lots of antioxidant activity giving it the ability to help stabilize your blood sugar. A stable blood sugar level in turn helps keep your food cravings under control and reduce the amount of insulin your body requires throughout the day. (4, 5)
- Cinnamon has some tricks up its sleeve as well, despite its reputation of being “just a spice”. This flavorful ingredient is also an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, helps improve insulin sensitivity, and has proven to fight against neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. (6, 7)
- Turmeric, a regular in Indian cuisine, adds more to your drink than just color. This spice turmeric is extremely helpful when it comes to reducing inflammation, reducing risk of digestive problems, and has tumor inhibiting abilities as well. (8, 9, 10)
- Butter, though it may come as a surprise, has some great benefits as well. Butter is actually the richest form of butyrate out there, which can help boost your energy and reduce inflammation in the intestines. It can also help fight various diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and neurological disorders. (11, 12, 13)
- XCT oil and MCT oil help boost the production of ketones, which can help with weight loss and blood sugar stabilization. (14)
- Coconut oil unfortunately doesn’t have the same fat-burning qualities and XCT and MCT oil, but it does have other helpful benefits. Coconut oil can help reduce inflammation and arthritis, support heart health, and help balance your hormones. (15, 16, 17)
This Turmeric Coffee recipe is a perfect addition to your morning routine, and you can drink it guilt free. Not only is it a powerhouse of nutrition and health benefits, it can also help you lose some of those extra pounds in the meantime!