A Ketogenic Diet May Be The Key To Cutting Fat and Increasing Energy
This lifestyle change has been found to work for many people when it comes to losing weight and increasing their quality of life. Just a few simple changes to your diet can help raise your ketones and help you burn stubborn body fat.
What are ketones though? Ketones are produced by the body to burn fat for fuel. They are produced when we lose weight or if there is not enough insulin to help our bodies use sugar for energy. Without enough insulin, glucose builds up in the blood, and since the body can’t use glucose for fuel, it breaks down fat instead.
Not For Everyone
While this diet is effective in losing weight in a relatively short period of time, it can be dangerous for some people. Because of the nature of this diet, people who suffer from type-1 diabetes should avoid it. While natural ketosis is healthy, there is also a pathological state called ketoacidosis.
Ketoacidosis causes extreme insulin deficiency in type-1 diabetics. In this state, the ketone concentration is ten times higher than during normal ketosis, and blood sugar levels sky rocket to unsafe levels.
What Is The Ketogenic Diet
The ketogenic diet is a diet that consists of high fat meals with little to no carbs. That means no bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, or fruit as the are high in natural carbohydrates and sugars. There is a large focus on meat, fish, low carb vegetables, egg, and sauces that are high in fat and butter.
With this type of diet, we are forcing our bodies to produce more ketones and use fat stores for energy. Since we are limiting our carb intake, it’s forcing our bodies to survive off of fat, burning stubborn body fat and helping us lose weight.
To measure our ketosis levels and make sure we are at optimal ketosis, there are two different methods. There are ketone strips that use urine to measure our ketosis. This is the cheaper method of the two, but it isn’t as accurate as a blood ketone meter. Blood ketone meters measure ketone levels in our blood, making it more accurate and allow us to make changes in our diet if necessary.
Benefits Of A Ketone Diet
A ketone diet offers us more than just burning body fat. It actually has multiple benefits that have positive effects on our overall health, not just our waist line.
- Stops hypoglycemia, food fixations, and sugar cravings. The ketogenic diet gives us control over our appetites, keeping us healthy.
- Low carb diets like the ketone diet actually works to lower blood pressure.
- The ketone diet helps to drop cholesterol levels. When we eat less sugar creating foods, we lower glucose levels in the blood stopping plaque build up in the arteries and reducing inflammation. It also raises HDL cholesterol, which is the healthy cholesterol that our body needs.
- There is a decrease in stiffness and pain in the joints. The diet cuts out grain-based foods and they are some of the leading causes in chronic pain and illness, especially muscle and joint pain.
- People who follow a ketone diet also report that they have more energy. They wake up refreshed and have improved sleeping habits. The ketone diet relieves the body of negative effects from grain based foods, like heartburn and reactive hypoglycemia which has an effect on your sleep.
- It also promotes good gut health, which is important for your overall health. A healthy gut allows us to get all the nutrients and minerals from the food we consume, making us healthier overall.
The ketone diet can be effective if followed properly. You can even begin to see results as quickly as one week! But it’s more than just a diet, it’s a lifestyle change, so don’t just change your diet, your mentality needs to change as well to get all the benefits of the ketone diet.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!