What is Oil Pulling?
What is Oil Pulling? Should We Pull Oil & Why? …………….
OK, so your first thought is that I must be writing an article on oil conservation, right? Nope! I am talking about Oil Pulling, the age-old art of putting oil in your mouth to draw out the toxins in the body. What is oil pulling? That’s it!
The Official Definition for “What is Oil Pulling?” is as follows:
The official definition according to Wikepedia is, “Oil pulling or oil swishing, in alternative medicine, is a procedure in which the practitioner rinses their mouth with approximately one tablespoon of ordinary cooking oil for 3-20 minutes, and then spits it out. This procedure is typically performed daily.”
So, as the theory goes, you take oil, preferable sunflower or sesame and put approximately 1 tablespoon in your mouth, tilt your chin up slightly and proceed to swish, squish, squirt and chomp the oil in your mouth for 20 minutes. Supposedly, you will begin to salivate uncontrollably and the oil will become like a foamy whitish liquid. Then you spit, rinse your mouth out really well with water and then brush your teeth. That’s all there is to it.
This form of alternative medicine according to Dr. Karach, who has done many studies on the efficacy of this treatment, is a miracle cure for almost any disease in the body. Now, I use the word efficacy lightly because in reading over his findings it is difficult to find the science. Of course, this does not mean this is not a viable treatment.
According to Dr. Karach the list of diseases that are cured from Oil Pulling are endless. “The Oil-therapy heals totally headaches, bronchitis, tooth pain, thrombosis, eczema, ulcers, intestinal diseases, heart and kidney diseases, encephalitis and woman’s diseases. Preventively the growth of malignant tumors is cut and healed. Chronic blood diseases, paralysis, diseases of nerves, stomach, lungs and liver and sleeplessness are cured.”
Get your Free copy of The Bacon & Butter Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
You can read highlights of Dr. Karach’s paper that he gave at a conference of the All Ukranische-Union of the Oncologists and Bacteriologists, a part of the Academy of Sciences of UDSSR
Deepak Chopra highlights this technique is his book Perfect Health: The Complete Mind/Body Guide . Although he suggests an Ayurvedic technique called oil gargling “to purify the taste-buds and the entire system.” According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, the tongue and the pulse are two of the most import diagnostic tools. “The tongue is mapped by organ-locations – that is, each section of the tongue is connected to the kidneys, lungs, spleen, liver, heart, pancreas, small intestines, stomach, colon, and spine.” “Thus, an oil-mouth-massage soothes and stimulates the key meridians where taste meets organ.”
After reviewing several sites about Oil Pulling and reading results from individuals in various forums, I think it’s worth a try. Why not? We are talking about a very simple, non-invasive technique that just might improve your health. Minimally, according to all the reports we will end up with whiter teeth!
So, “What is Oil Pulling?” Now you know and here is how you can begin to do it:
Here’s the low down on what you need to do to try Oil Pulling and, yes, I am going to try it myself for 30 days.
OIL PULLING INSTRUCTIONS:
- OK, first thing in the morning, before brushing your teeth, eating or drinking, this really means first thing in the morning, take 1 TBSP of either sesame or sunflower oil.
- “Put the oil in your mouth, tilt your chin up and slowly swish, suck, chomp and pull through the teeth. Do this for at least 10 minutes. 15 – 20 minutes is better. You want the oil to become a thin, white foam when you finally spit it out. If it’s still yellow, you haven’t done it long enough.”There seems to be a lot of people on the internet trying various oils, I can’t say much about which oil you should or shouldn’t use other than if you are going to try it you might as well go with what the experts say, sesame or sunflower oil. Once you find that it is an effective technique for you then, if you are curious, you can try other oils such as coconut oil or maybe avocado oil.
- Again, the idea being that the toxins are drawn out of your body and into the oil. So don’t swallow the OIL!
- “You can do this 2 more times during the day if you want to detox faster. Make sure you do it on an empty stomach.” If you are going to do it more than once per day make sure that you have not eaten in the last 4 hours.
- “Spit it out in the toilet when your mouth is full and rinse your mouth out well.”
- You need to make sure that you drink at least 1 full glass of water after you brush your teeth.
- Let me say it one more time DO NOT SWALLOW THE OIL. It now contains parasites and bacteria! At least according to the theory. But I wouldn’t swallow it anyway; I would suspect your stomach would not like it.
- “DO NOT GARGLE IN THE THROAT. THE OIL IS MEANT TO BE SWISHED IN THE MOUTH ONLY.” I know Deepak Chopra said gargle but according to everything, I have read that’s not safe so stick to swishing.
- “DO IT SLOWLY.”
HOW IT WORKS:
“The oil pulls all mucous, bacteria and toxins from your body through your saliva. According to Ayurvedic medicine, mucous is a poison that must be removed.”
A worsening of symptoms and maybe even a few you never had before is an excellent indication that the disease/ailment is being cured. “Do not stop Oil Pulling if you feel aggravated symptoms or heightened side effects.” Your body is healing.
If you would like to read more about Oil Pulling as well as read a ton of reader results, go to Earthclinic.com . This site is a fabulous site for tons of information on natural remedies. Make sure you bookmark it!
I will let you know the results of my little test on my website. I will include it as one of the alternative medicine I have tried. I will not write the results until the end of the 30 days. If you plan to try it, drop back by to let me know your results!
OK, I just got back from doing my first Oil Pulling. I have to say it is not the most pleasant experience. Your first instinct is to spit it out! But, I stuck it out for the 20 minutes! So we shall see…………………..
Want to read about my experience with Oil Pulling?
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!