The Best Red Velvet Bread Recipe Ever: anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting ingredients
Thick and decadent on the inside, this Coconut Flour Red Velvet Bread recipe creates a Paleo treat balanced with wholesome ingredients!
Made with a simple base of coconut flour, cocoa powder, and eggs, this bread has a secret ingredient: beets! Not only do they give the bread its natural, vibrant color, but the veggie also packs tons of delicious nutrients. 
When blended with the cocoa powder, the beets turn the bread into a lusciously creamy, cake-like texture. Perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth.
To start, roast your beet, purée it, and then blend it with the other ingredients. Next, pour the mix into a bread pan, pop it into the oven, and sit back while you wait for it to bake.
A word of caution: beets stain. Believe me, I found out the hard way. So, here’s a quick trick to peeling cooked beets without staining your hands: Once they’re cool enough to touch, run the beets under cold water and remove the skin with your fingers. The skin and root should slip right off!
If you do get some beet stains on you, don’t worry – rub a little lemon juice on your hands and it will come off (and you’ll smell good, too).
Prep Time: 25 mins
Coconut Flour Red Velvet Bread Recipe
Thick and decadent on the inside, this Red Velvet Bread recipe creates a Paleo treat balanced with wholesome ingredients!
- 1 large beet (about 1 ½ cups beet purée)
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a bread pan by coating it with extra virgin olive oil.
- Loosely wrap beet with foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, then reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Remove foil from the beet; let cool 10 minutes. When it’s cool enough to touch with bare hands, run it under cold water and remove skin with hands.
- Roughly chop the beet into quarters and add to a blender.
- To the blender, add coconut milk, eggs, apple cider vinegar, and honey. Blend on high until beets are fully broken up. Then add coconut flour and blend again.
- Next add tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and coconut oil. Blend a final time until combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan, spreading into an even layer.
- Bake 45 minutes until the edges are brown and center is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan 20-30 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into 12 pieces and serve!
Tip: This Red Velvet Bread is great for a quick breakfast with a cup of coffee or as a dessert topped with coconut cream. A treat you can feel good about eating!
 Journal of the American Dietetic Association. (2000, December). Overview of the Health Benefits of Fruit and Vegetable Consumption for the Dietetics Professional: Selected Literature. Retrieved from http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S000282230000420X
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Paleo Hacks (see all)
- 27 Easy Low Carb and Keto Casserole Recipes - January 9, 2018
- You’ve Never Tried This: Spaghetti Squash ‘Nests’ Topped with Meatballs (100% Grain-Free) - November 10, 2017
- 3 Worst Foods Possible for Diabetes, Weight Gain and Fat Storage - November 10, 2017