How To Make Your Own Natural Deodorant That Works
Most conventional deodorants and anti-perspirants are full of synthetic chemicals that quickly penetrate the skin causing skin irritation and have the potential to disrupt hormonal balance, in particular if they contain parabens.
Aluminum is used in anti-perspirants to “dry out sweat by injecting aluminum ions in the cells that line the sweat ducts. When the aluminum ions are drawn into the cells, water flows in; the cells begin to swell, squeezing the ducts closed so sweat cannot get out,” according to the Julie Gabriel, The Green Beauty Guide. Did you know that the FDA requires that all antiperspirants decrease the average person’s sweat by 20 percent? (1) A better approach is to wear a natural deodorant that allows sweat and toxins to be released, instead of trapping them inside.
As for myself, I’ve tried many brands of all natural store-bought deodorants. Unfortunately, none of them did a great job protecting me from the odor caused by apocrine sweat combined with the bacteria. I have found that homemade deodorants do a great job at preventing odor.
How to make your own natural deodorant that works
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 5-6 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 10 drop of any essential oil
- Combine baking soda, coconut oil, and arrowroot powder and using the spoon, work the mixture until it gets a firm texture.
- Mix in essential oils. Transfer to a container (with lid) and store in the fridge.
- The texture of it should be about the same as store bought. This recipe portion should last you for a couple of months.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Living Traditionally (see all)
- The Product That Should Be Hydrating Your Chapped Lips Could Be Poisoning You - December 13, 2017
- How To Make Your Own Natural Deodorant That Works - December 13, 2017
- Chemicals in popular women’s hair dyes linked to cancer. Use Coffee Instead. - December 13, 2017