Feeling Any of These Symptoms More Than Twice a Week May Be A Sign Of Ovarian Cancer
This article is shared with permission from our friends at Medical Daily.
According to the American Cancer Society, ovarian cancer ranks fifth in cancer deaths among women in the U.S. It is a cancer of the female reproductive system, and the average American woman has about a one in 75 chance of developing it in her lifetime. Though treatable, early diagnosis results in the best recovery.
10 Early Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
Here are some of the early symptoms of the disease.
In its early stages, ovarian cancer usually doesn’t cause many symptoms, but if it does, they can easily be mistaken for another, less serious condition. According to the American Cancer Society, early symptoms of ovarian cancer may include:
- Abdominal swelling or bloating
- Pelvic pressure or abdominal pain
- Difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
- Urinary symptoms, such as having to go more often or more urgently
Less common early symptoms of ovarian cancer may include:
- Back pain
- Pain during sex
- Menstrual irregularities
However, the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance reports that the number and frequency of symptoms are more important than the symptoms themselves when its comes to early cancer diagnosis. For example, according to the American Cancer Society, if a woman has one or more of these symptoms 12 times a month, she should consult a doctor.
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled that can develop on the ovaries. Though these cysts are quite common during a woman’s childbearing years, for post-menopausal women, the cysts could be due to ovarian cancer. Early signs of ovarian cysts may include:
- Pelvic pain
- Pain shortly before or after beginning your period
- Pressure, swelling or pain in the abdomen
- A dull ache in the lower back and thighs
- Difficulty emptying your bladder
- Pain during sex
- Abnormal bleeding
- Nausea or vomiting
Still, experts agree that the best way to diagnosis early ovarian cancer are regular pelvic exams conducted by a doctor.
- Ovarian Cancer Risk Nearly Doubles In Women Who Douche: New Study: Read Here
- Talcum Powder May Cause Ovarian Cancer If Regularly Applied To Genitals And Sanitary Napkins: Read Here
Latest posts by Medical Daily (see all)
- She Puts a Bar of Soap Under Her Sheet. The Reason Why is Genius! - December 7, 2016
- Don’t Smoke? 3 Reasons Why You Could Still Get Lung Cancer - November 23, 2016
- Feeling Any of These Symptoms More Than Twice a Week May Be A Sign Of Ovarian Cancer - November 23, 2016
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook