10 Telltale Signs of Skin Cancer
However, when it comes to something as daunting as cancer, the best thing is to detect any cancerous growth as soon as possible before it becomes a resilient threat to your health.
Best of all, by giving yourself more time, you’ll be able choose amongst a wider range of options to treat the disease. While you might not be able to bypass all treatments completely, changes in your lifestyle and diet will have enough time to have a greater impact on your health.
I always recommend talking to your physician to see how a healthy holistic lifestyle can compliment your medical treatment.
There are three types of skin cancers: basal cell cancer, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma. The latter is the most common and the most aggressive amongst the three.
This is because it has an increased likelihood to grow and spread other organs. It becomes exponentially dangerous if it reaches a patient’s lymph nodes.
The good news in this terrifying subject is that the survival rate for people diagnosed with skin cancer is that it ranks highest among all surveyed cancer studies with an 80% survival rate.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
I understand if this information might make you a bit paranoid regarding any moles on your body that might now come into your attention, but there is no need to see every mole as a health threat.
There are roughly up to forty moles on the average person. Here’s another piece of soothing data: moles can naturally develop until you’re forty years old.
So take a deep breath and remember that when you’re on the look out for skin cancer you want to focus on the combination of the signs and the symptoms of melanoma.
That being said, if new moles start popping up and they have irregular features, you might need to consult a dermatologist to make sure everything is okay.
Here are the telltale signs of melanoma:
- If a new mole or spot on your skin begins altering its shape, size, color, and elevation.
- If the size of a mole mark goes beyond six millimeters across.
- If the mole is asymmetric or has an extremely irregular shape. Harmless natural moles have a nice near circular symmetrical shape.
- The mole’s borders are not clearly defined. If the boundary between mole and skin begins to look very blurry, it’s definitely a red flag.
- Compare the suspicious mole or mark with the other moles on your body. Remember, most moles are perfectly harmless so they’re the perfect contrast to a harmful growth.
- The suspect growth has a strange color or does not have a uniform shade of color.
- The growth won’t heal naturally, will not stop bleeding, or continues to swell and grow red.
- If moles start growing on top of other moles.
- Skin cancer can even appear underneath your nails! Keep an eye out for pigmented lines in your nails.
- If you’re in a constant state of fatigue.
With these telltale signs you should be able to catch any skin cancer before it advances into latter stages.
Image Source: Indomed Plus
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!